23 June 2012

Brown bear fishing at the Russian River

A guy from work, Matt Mccoy, and I went down to the Russian River to go catch some red salmon this weekend.  I caught 2 of my 3 limit.  We had a great view of a boar brown bear fishing the opposite bank of the  river.  The photos are a more or less a time lapse of him starting up river and working his way down.  Needless to say we both moved up the bank a bit to give ourselves a little more distance from him.

Later when we found our fishing hole, I tried crossing the river with some friends and it was good that I did.  The river was far more powerful than I had ever experienced.  Several times I lost my footing and would have been swept down stream had my friend (Mike Merriner) not been there to help me across.  Matt wisely chose not to cross the river.













Summer is in full swing here, which means little sleep and a ton of fun!

No comments: