14 March 2010

Moving to Alaska

It has been 6 weeks now since I have been up here. Looking at the only other post on this blog, ironically, I see that it was when we came up to Alaska to visit almost three years ago.

I am enjoying my job so far. It is quite different from what I have been doing. I now sit at a desk and sell parts to the boys in the field drilling and pumping oil up in Prudhoe Bay (aka. the north slope or the slope). I enjoy learning new things for the most part so the stress of learning a new job is enjoyable, yet still tiring. I am looking forward to developing my understanding of the business world from a big business perspective as well as gaining skills that I will use down the road, potentially in my own business plans.

It has been fun to stay with my sister and brother-in-law. I have been sleeping on the couch mostly due to the fact that we started remodeling the room I (and Andrea) will stay in. It is coming along nicely as we have the first coat of drywall mud on. Hopefully the second will be on by the end of today. It has also been a real treat to be apart of their kids lives, watching them grow and getting an idea of what it is like to raise kids without have to be the parent. Kudos to all you past and present parents. It looks like a tough job! Full of joy and a lot of other emotions. I look forward to the challenge someday.

Andrea has been doing a great job wrapping up the loose ends back in MN. As I needed to leave to start the new job up here, she stayed back to get things done. She has done marvelous. Although, we will both be glad to be back together. We looking forward to carving out a niche for ourselves here in Anchorage together.

Again, thank you all for your prayers, support, encouragement and wisdom. We hope to see many of you as often as we can and look forward to staying in touch.

No comments: