03 January 2011

Winter Wonderland

Another post so quickly, I know! I might be on a roll here! We'll see. But I wanted to share some of the beauty of this Winter Wonderland! I've been getting out a few times a week on the trails throughout the city on my Classic cross-country skis. Great sport! I think I'm getting better, or at least these last few years I've been catching on to the rhythm and motion in this classic sport. Skiing is a big sport here. It has to be! Winter sports are a way of surviving the cold and gloom and enjoying the beauty of the sleeping mountains. I might soon be ready to upgrade my equipment and try the Nordic style of skate-skiing.... after the house furnishing! So here are a few pics on the trails just here in the city. I'm sure the trails out of the city in the hills, mountains and countryside are even more beautiful!

This trail is just a couple blocks from where we are right now. Maggie loves to come along and bound through the deep snow with me.

A bit of a break to rest and breath... and a photo op.


Wish some of my childhood ski buddies were with me! You know who you are! You would love it here! Happy Winter in your own Wonderlands!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

awwwwwwwwwwww!! i wanna come skiing wit chu! i haven't been SINCE CHILDHOOD. and i've been wanting to get good again (if ever was). Couple looks just as wonderful as always :)

Unknown said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! I'm jealous because it's warmer there too...maybe I should throw the kids in the car and drive up North. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house. It looks really beautiful there! I miss you.