19 October 2010

A Weekend Getaway

Pictures of a recent trip out to Seward and a cabin beyond. Hiked 20 or more miles that weekend! But now the snow has come and we will most likely wait until next spring when we can start hiking again. But winter will host many events as well: skiing and snow shoeing to name a few. But first enjoy these pics:

A jelly fish washed up with the tide. We had to walk along the beach while the tide was down to reach our cabin.

Our second and third days of hiking were mostly in the rain!

A tree with a bum!

An old weathered dock from a fort from WWII

Good or not?!

Camper dinner!

Look at that manly man bringing in the firewood!



Look, we found Pete's dragon's cave!


Where'd the bridge go?

The enchanted forest


Guess I didn't get a pic of the cabin. But it was a happy and memorable anniversary for us!

2 comments:

James and Charity said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Wow, that looks like a wonderful, beautiful adventure!

Charity

Jillian said...

Sorry I'm only commenting on these now..but I LOVE IT!!! I wanna come hiking there with you! (Which is saying something...especially considering how much you know I love hiking...........).